What we do and how our clients use it
We articulate story frameworks and storytelling principles for brands.
Working with the people who know the brand best, we uncover and articulate the why behind your story—both why you do what you do (above and beyond just making money) and why the audience will care. Based on a deep understanding of story and character, we can make strategic recommendations that are uniquely actionable. And we can provide the tools which will make all of your brand storytelling more effective.
To discover and articulate the story framework of a brand, we convene a workshop that brings together the people whose relationship with the brand is most strategic. Over the course of the workshop we:
- Teach the principles of effective storytelling
- Use story-based experiences to uncover the authentic story of the brand
- Identify the elements of the brand that make its story emotionally resonant
- Articulate the story framework of the brand
- Define strategic imperatives based on the story
- Identify principles and provide tools for more effective story telling
The result is clarity. By the end of the workshop, we deliver the story framework of the brand and use that story framework to answer a range of questions from broad and strategic issues to very specific and tactical ones.
Our clients have used our process to...
- Define brand purpose (Amazon, Walmart)
- Clarify positioning in a volatile category (Gallo Family Vineyard)
- Optimize portfolio strategy and minimize cannibalization (Seattle’s Best Coffee)
- Outline launch strategy for a new brand or product (Dark Horse Wine)
- Reassert leadership against a formidable challenger (Old Spice)
- Define brand voice for new channels–especially social media (Wendy’s)
- Create, revitalize or reimagine iconic brand characters (Ronald McDonald, Juan Valdez, Laughing Cow)
- Maintain brand identity and culture in the face of changes in ownership (Goose Island Brewery)
- Crystalize and articulate the “founder energy” in a brand story (Perdue Farms)